Road King For SuperGlide Custom?

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by hd4evr, Jul 1, 2011.

1. hd4evr

hd4evr Banned

Well, I just got back from the dealer where I traded my 2007 Road King Classic for a 2011 SuperGlide with forward controls. I got the Custom, $800 in credit towards parts, etc., and first service free, for my bike plus $1700 OTD. Some will probably think I'm crazy, but I missed my old SuperGlide. Road Kings are very nice, but not very much fun to ride. I'm getting older (just turned 60 with a bad back) and my trips are down to about 3-400 miles. Why do I need the Road King? So tell me, good deal or am I nuts?

2. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

If your happy it was/is a great deal. Enjoy the new ride!!!

3. hd4evr

hd4evr Banned

Also, since I just ordered it, and it's not even here yet, will a speedometer visor for a Road King fit the Super Glide? Speedo looks the same.

4. glgarrett

glgarrett Active Member

Superglide!!! It's the only way to fly!:)

5. risuperglide

risuperglide Active Member

I totally concur!................:bigsmiley11:

6. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

If they are the same diameter ,YES. I too always wanted a Dyna and since The Redhead does not ride any more I traded my Bagger for a Street bob, I miss the Bagger but the Dyna is very nimble and fun to ride:s

7. Dswartz

Dswartz Active Member

I wouldn't say your nuts for going from a King to a superglide it's just a different set of needs. Nothing wrong with either bike you just need to decide which one you like better. I actually plan on going the opposite direction of you and trading my Superglide for a road king or streetglide as my budget allows. I'm sure you will enjoy the Superglide it's a nice ride.

8. diver4life

diver4life Active Member

Dynas Rule! I won't change my Dyna for any bike. Also you can costumize your Dyna anyway you want theres 1000s of options to choose from. Good Luck!

9. gator508

gator508 Senior Member

Don't forget to post pics when your new arrival gets home!

10. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

As long as you're happy - then it's an awesome deal. Break 'er in right & ride safe - congrats!