free website stats program Road Glide Inner Fairing Trim Glue | Harley Davidson Forums

Road Glide Inner Fairing Trim Glue

Enterprise HOG

The glue that holds the trim to the inner fairing of my Road Glide is becoming a mess. There are some places along the trim where the glue is seaping and is sticky to the touch; making a mess and sticking to my fingers when touched. I discovered this when I was drying my bike after washing it and my drying cloth caught a sticky spot. In addition, the trim keeps seperating from the inner fairing in some spots and I have to push it back in place. Has anyone else encountered this problem and if so, what is the soultion to cleaning up the excess glue and keeping the trim attached to the inner fairing?

3M Super Weatherstrip Adhesive. Use it sparingly!

I purchased my 08 RG a month or so ago, and when I got home I have same problem where the black rubber trim is comin up and glue all sticky. The only spot I have issue is where trim starts at windsheild. I took it back to dealer and told them i wanted it fixed. I paid good amount of money for bike and shouldnt have to "live with" this issue. They have attempted to reglue 2 times and it still happens. I am interested to see if anyone else shares this issue or has a fix for it. It is very annoying, and my only complaint with the bike. I did loosen up the bolts that hold inner fairing in, push trim down and retighten. I just did this recently and weather has been cold, but it did seem to help. I wont really know until a hot day comes around.....

08roadglider.....Sounds like you are experiencing the same exact problem I am talking about...wondering why you had to pay; should be covered under the warranty. My problem started right after warranty expired.

OK guys one more time--3M Super Weather Strip Adhesive-- the MOCO sends the same glue to the dealers that they use during assembly, so why wouldn't you get the same results? I joined this forum because I found the people here wanted to help each other solve problems they were having with their rides. If you don't think my solution has merit you are welcome to give some other way to fix your problem. If you are just here to gripe there is a section of the forum dealing with suggestions to the MOCO, maybe they will read yours and come up with a better glue. In the mean time my solution will solve your problem, honest.

:D Okay all,i to had this problem," HAD " i went down to the auto parts store.and bought side door lip moulding,and you can get what ever color you want.its been over a year now,and they come longer then what harley sells,for 75% cheaper,and they fit around the fairing more, and a lot more cleaner then trying to reglue. :bigsmiley24:

Sounds like a great fix. Can you post pix? Now if I can just get the old one off.

Back