free website stats program Risers or Bars for 2008 -2010 Street Bob | Harley Davidson Forums

Risers or Bars for 2008 -2010 Street Bob

Just looking for some advice to help me make a decision. My 2010 Street Bob has stock bars on it now. I am really comfortable with the width and angle of the grips, but I would like for my hands to be about 2 inches higher, which would be at about shoulder level for me. I figure my two options are to either go with a handle bar with a taller rise, or to add a taller set of risers.

Other than cost, is there an advantage to one method over another?

All advice is appreciated.

2" over stock risers are easy to put on. My 2010 FatBoy, according to a lot of people who have done their FB all cables & lines ok in length. If you like bars, just use 2" taller straight risers.
wilks3

Key here is that generally anything more than 2" may require wiring, cable, throttle & brake hoses extensions. Also even 1" change can make a big difference, depending on what type of adjustment you want...height is one thing, pull back and wrist angle are another.

May want to do the blindfold (eyes closed is fine) and reach test to see if changes are what you really want...I am sure there are plenty of these items stored across the country from H-D riders trying to fit that "perfect" bar! :yes

josh i don't think you can change the risers they are part of the triple trees. If you do please tell me how you did it i also have a 2010 SB.

Risers come off with a 3/4 bolt from below.

For my money, to get what you want in feel and fit, and what would look really great on a Street Bob...

14" Burley Gorilla bars. ($170)
6" over stock stainless cables and brake line (Magnum Shielding $225)
Milwaukie Twins Hidden Hardware top clamp ($60)
Heavy Duty Riser Bushings ($20)
Wiring (under $20)
Banjo bolt gaskets ($5)

You really should get the bars first, mount them and then measure to see what you need in cable length

If you've never done it before, takes about a day.
14s will give you the ape look without having to reach for the sky

josh i don't think you can change the risers they are part of the triple trees. If you do please tell me how you did it i also have a 2010 SB.
This looks like the easiest and least expensive way to go. I had 14in Apes in mind, but the cost involved has shyed me away, only because I like the stock bars.

Thanks for the link Jake, theese look like they may be the ticket.

Teeman, look at the link Jake posted, if I am interpreting the photos right, these just bolt into the stock riser. 2" ought to be perfect for what I want.

Try these guys for risers for a Street Bob. Takes care of that pesky problem with the design of the handlebar mounting design.

Products

This link has got some really good pictures of the risers installed on SB's too!

Last edited by a moderator:
I had no idea the bars were mounted solid to the top tree. Is it just Fatbob's, or are all new Dyna's like this?

They are not. Would bet money on it! I'm sure they are just like the rest of them. 3/4" head bolt through top of trip-tree with rubber bushings

Back