free website stats program Rineharts 3.5 or 4 inch | Harley Davidson Forums

Rineharts 3.5 or 4 inch

class1991

I am going to be buying a new 2012 Ultra with Vance & Himes power duals with Screamin' Eagle Heavy Breather and race tuner but not shore which size rineharts to go with any input would be helpful.

The importance is in the baffles size and not the size of the cans. It is the baffles size that causes the sound. From what experience I have with exhaust find out what options Rinehart has to fit the Vance and Hines head pipe and go from there because the sound a exhaust makes is a personal choice........

4" will give lower tone...I had 3.5" Rineharts on my 09 FLHX, but would've got 4" if they were available at the time.

Ok thanks.I will stay with my first instinct which is going with the 3.5. The parts guy at the dealer said some guys are not liking them.

Ok thanks.I will stay with my first instinct which is going with the 3.5. The parts guy at the dealer said some guys are not liking them.

I had the 4" and took them off and put 3.5" on instead. It's a personal thing and I like the sound of the 3.5" better. I was lucky enough to try them both on my UL though.

When you choose mufflers with the power cross over lok for a smaller baffler. With stock cams most will work ok , however if you install a cam that has enough duration to really let the engine run cooler , it will end in a tq dip. The only muffler that we have seen really work across the board is the Kuryakyn crusher.

Back