free website stats program Rinehart true duals, what options | Harley Davidson Forums

Rinehart true duals, what options

turnerbend

My 07 HD Ultra Classic have the Rinehart true duals and stage 1 air filter. How do I fine out if a tuner have been installed. I called the dealer that did the install and the shop foreman (looking at their records)could not tell if a download had been installed. What do I do to fine out if a download is installed? I would like to go with a TFI from Dobeck .

Attachments

• resize Harley(04).jpg
    resize Harley(04).jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 12
The selling dealer should list if a download has been done but most don't do the download unless requested.

You can go with the TFI on top of the download even if it was done because the download is still a bit lean.

The dealer can hook up to the bike to verify if the download has been done or not.

The selling dealer should list if a download has been done but most don't do the download unless requested.

You can go with the TFI on top of the download even if it was done because the download is still a bit lean.

The dealer can hook up to the bike to verify if the download has been done or not.

Thanks Glider.
So if I install a TFI it would not cause a problem if they did do a download?
I'm about 4 hours from the Dealer that did the install but, there is a local bike shop here that could verify if I have a download.

Thanks Glider.
So if I install a TFI it would not cause a problem if they did do a download?
I'm about 4 hours from the Dealer that did the install but, there is a local bike shop here that could verify if I have a download.

No problem at all using the TFI/Gen3 on top of a download. The settings would just be a bit lower on the TFI with the download but it would still be beneficial.

The HD dealer uses the digital tech to check for downloads. Your local bike shop may not have the digital tech to check for a download. Call him first to see.
Installing the TFI is the best way to go incase of any problems with the bike as far as warranty. It can be removed without a trace before bringing the bike in to the dealer.

The HD dealer uses the digital tech to check for downloads. Your local bike shop may not have the digital tech to check for a download. Call him first to see.
Installing the TFI is the best way to go incase of any problems with the bike as far as warranty. It can be removed without a trace before bringing the bike in to the dealer.

I agree with Glider... digital tech can check for downloads. One other item.. if they installed SEPST or TTS, they should have provided you with the VCI as that is matched to the VIN. If they did just a stage 1 download, then digital tech is the way to go.

As for TFI and warranty, I used the TFI for 2 yrs and had multiple visits to the dealer for CEL and codes for twist grip sensor and limp mode. Each time the dealer serviced the bike under warranty (even times when I did not remove the TFI and they removed the seat). I was very pleased with the TFI.

Back