Rinehart 2 in 1....WOW!!!

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by Mavagrand, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Mavagrand

Mavagrand Senior Member

After checking my cam tensioners, I needed to re-install my facotory exhaust so I went to Lakeland HD to pick up gaskets. Well...they had a display right at the parts counter...a set of Rinehart 2 into 1 with the mufflers. One of them fit my bike. So, instead of spending 9.00 on a gasket I spent 450.00 on a complete exhaust system. I must say, it sure improves the look of my scoot and the sound is great, especially when cruising. Wished I'd done this sooner.

Attached Files:

2. oldhippie

oldhippie Senior Member

Ain't it funny how that seems to happen. Go in all innocent and leave with a quite a bit lighter wallet.:newsmile100:

Looks good.

3. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

Glad I am not the only one that always comes out with a lot more than I went in for.

4. mat 60

mat 60 Senior Member

Loooks great...Was it a easy install?

5. Blue Wide Glide

Blue Wide Glide Junior Member

They tell you not to go grocery shopping if you are hungry, but you have no defenses in a Harley shop.:D

6. Mavagrand

Mavagrand Senior Member

Have to remove the right side floorboard and install 1/2" spacers (supplied), other than that pretty straight forward. It took me almost thirty minutes to install the front heat shield..getting those clamps to line up where I could get to them was tricky. that was the only bad part.

7. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Very good exhaust Mark, looks and sounds great:D

8. Mavagrand

Mavagrand Senior Member

Thanx, Jack. As an added bonus it completely removed my desire to trade in....so, in a way, I saved money. :bigsmiley30:

9. mat 60

mat 60 Senior Member

450 doesn't sound bad at all for an entire system..:)

10. Mavagrand

Mavagrand Senior Member

Mat, according to the parts counter, it was the last one they had in stock and they were wanting to move it. I checked J&P catalog, they had the same set up for just shy of 800.00 so I felt I did good.