free website stats program Right Angle valve stems on Road Glide | Harley Davidson Forums

Right Angle valve stems on Road Glide

Jim B.

My 05 Wing has right angle valve stems which really make it easy to check and regulate the air pressure in the tires. There is very little clearance between the straight valve stems and the wheel on my 09 Road Glide. I'm wondering if anyone has replaced their straight valve stems with right angle valve stems on their touring Harleys and if they experienced any problems. Thanks.

Sounds like a good ideal...........think I'll give it a try while I got mine apart for maintenance.

I have seen right angle tubes on aircrat tires that have issues over time with becomeing a source for slow leak down and eventual failure....

I piad $20 for a tire gauge with a flexible hose and right angle fitting to check the pressure with. They are a pain to check. I normally put mine on the jack stand so I can rotate the tire to get oto the valve.

My 05 Wing has right angle valve stems which really make it easy to check and regulate the air pressure in the tires. There is very little clearance between the straight valve stems and the wheel on my 09 Road Glide. I'm wondering if anyone has replaced their straight valve stems with right angle valve stems on their touring Harleys and if they experienced any problems. Thanks.

I put some rubber right angle stems on my old bike and had a flat because of the stem (cracked). I then put some milled aluminum stems in that they use on superbikes and they worked great. Only problem is, I think they're too big to use on the cast touring tires (at least mine). I think the flexible hose and gauge is the best way to go.

Back