free website stats program Riding in memory of Dad | Harley Davidson Forums

Riding in memory of Dad

Hey everyone. JD Here. My father passed away a week ago and one of the things he always loved was his bikes. Well I took it upon myself to stand up and tell everyone there was no way in the world that we were going to sell his bike and let it go. So with this said, I am now the proud owner of a 05 Road Glide. I have been around Dad and his bikes all my life, but until his passing and riding off on it this weekend alone for a few hours, I finally understood the reason he loved them so much! Now I get it.....I got to looking around and came across this site, and figured I am going to need to be able to lean on some people for help on this bike down the road, so looking forward to talking to all of you, and getting to know my way around this bike....

Welcome aboard from Canada. Sorry to hear about your Dad. Sounds like his bike ended up where he would have wanted it to go and he'll be happy you're enjoying it like he did.

Welcome to The Forum, sorry for your loss, you are here with the BEST:s

Welcome!. I, too, am sorry for your loss. Lost my dad/best friend in 07. I swear, while riding, I can almost see him leading the way as he always did. He was and is my Road Captain.

Welcome and as others have said, truly sorry for your loss. My dad passed of cancer 20 yrs. ago and I still miss wrenching with him everyday. Keep the memories alive and you'll get through this.......just hang in there and God Bless.

Welcome to the forum. Sorry for your loss. What a great way to stay connected.

:wce Sorry for your loss. Lost Pop in 1997, I still find myself asking things from him.
Ride Safe!
wilks3
:USA

You guys are truely class acts. I appreciate the welcoming words and thoughts about Dad. He was a great man, and his bikes were something he always enjoyed. I am thankful that he gave me this great way to carry him on. I always wandered why he always wanted to ride, but each time I have jumped on the bike this past week I understand a little more each mile. He rides with me in spirit, and he will always be remembered. Thank you all again!
WAP.gif

Back