free website stats program Riding and allergy. | Harley Davidson Forums

Riding and allergy.

SeaRider04

After reading the "Harley said just ride" thread, I though to myself why not even though it was a "high allergy level" day but so what!. 60 miles to Cabelas, got some ammo for target shooting, the ride was great, the day was great, on the way back home, thinking let use the back roads and stop by some places on the way.

It was a great day on the bike until passing the complex with couple of tractors mowing the lawn, OMG, I was sneezed all the way for good 1/2 an hour, my eyes, my nose, my throat..... worst yet what ever I sneezed out ended up either on my windshield or on my own face :bigsmiley31:, have to find the other way get back on highway.

Got home with my slopy face, clean off the bike and the windshield on both side, took some allergy pills and call the day.:bigsmiley19:.

I hear ya about the sneezing, have been dealing with it for years myself. Use to get shots it was so bad but now I can live with it without the shots.

I have had allergys all my life. Tryed most everything. Shots, pills ....... The only way that I`ve found to handle it is to be like a Jackass in a hail storm and just hump up and take it!:D

I've been lucky, I can deal with my allergy problems with Advil sinus stuff. Problem is, I have to buy both the day formula & the night formula to get by. Especially bad the first night at either place, (WV or OH). It is a major PITA to buy that stuff now, you can't just run in and pick it up, got to get the card, show your driver's license and all that jazz any more. I'm suffering today, boo hoo....:( But, I won't complain too much, my niece has had trouble all her life, and I know how lucky I am.

I have been using the nasal (Flonase?) stuff for a year or so.Works great most of the time.Sometimes it just beats me up a bit.

The thing is I never have any before, it just started a few years back, I've try almost everything on the counter plus some from my doctor but never cured the problem. I just hated it.

Ol'e doc mom's remedy for allergies buy some honey that's made in the area that you live in. Take a teaspoon full a day. It really helps::hii:grose

Back