free website stats program Riders Course for those with disabilities | Harley Davidson Forums

Riders Course for those with disabilities

DonJK

Fellow Riders,
I'm a disabled vet. and recently took a course. After a couple of hours in the sun I get really sick. I have some structural problems that don't prevent me from riding-just pose some limtations. I didn't do very well needless to say.
The course isn't really geared for someone needing quite a bit of coaching-Everyone else did OK. They kept up with the pace, and passed fine. I was too slow, anticipated stoping, and so on. Day after I'm beat, discouraged, taking pain meds, trying to recover. Question: What are some options that would allow for coaching and a training pace that would take into account my limitations?

Some of the instructors in my training coarse offered their training time after hours. It was not cheap, but you still had to take the final test to pass with the others.

Have you considered taking a course in early spring or late fall when its not so hot.

Yes, and that may be my option. A little coaching with breaks would help. Thanks for giving me some ideas!

Yes, and that may be my option. A little coaching with breaks would help. Thanks for giving me some ideas!

Have you checked out "easyridertraining.com"? It's a approved training site thru the Motorcycle Safety Foundation. Might catch some ideas there.

if you are in a state that allows you to ride with someone with your permit have them take you to a subdivision thats under construction or a school parking lot and practice everything at your own pace . Had to do this with my mommy toke three month's but shes riding with the big dogs now. side note she was kick out of those classes because she dropped bike to many times she has problems with her joints and blood circulation thats hard to do when your trying to keep up with 25 other people. So she rode with me for awhile then took test and pasted better then i did. good luck and thank you for your service.

Back