Retired Folks

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by RetiredJake, Oct 7, 2009.

1. RetiredJake

RetiredJake Junior Member

I've often been asked, 'What do you old folks do now that you're retired'? Well, I'm fortunate to have a chemical engineering background, and one of the things I enjoy most is turning beer, wine, Scotch and margaritas into urine.

And I'm pretty darn good at it, too!!

2. softailhog

softailhog Active Member

Your wife would probably say that "retirement is twice as much husband on half as much income!" LOL

3. paulmack

paulmack Active Member

It's always good to have a backup carrer.

4. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

Now that I'm retired, I cram everything I used to do around the house after work into a full day...... sometimes two days!! And procrastinate, I have taken that to new heights.

5. gasbag

gasbag Active Member

Well, right now I am sitting at my computer trying not to make any mistakes in spelling.
    After that, my wife and I work in animal rescue, specifically whippets.
    I am also taking guitar lessons. My practicing scares away small rodents.
    I also ride a lot now, finally having the time and buying the bike last December. I don't ride too far because of health but I ride as often as I can.
    However my main activity is hanging around the house and driving my wife nuts. I am getting very good at it.

6. threesteps

threesteps Junior Member

7. 92FXRS

92FXRS Active Member

Go ahead you retired guys, rub it in... while all of us "working stiffs" get more
    envious by the minute

8. RetiredJake

RetiredJake Junior Member

Your day will come, just be patient and grow OLD. The benefits do come with some downers though:

reduced income
    aches & pains
    around the wife all day

However, the good really does outshine the bad :cheers

9. jaceddie

jaceddie Junior Member

Retired and loving it. I may make the wife a little crazy, but hey, I haven't got anything else to do.

10. 9FLHR

9FLHR Active Member

The best part about retirement......on the first of each month, money magically appears in the checkbook. They pay me to stay away. Whoo Hoo!