free website stats program Retired Folks | Harley Davidson Forums

Retired Folks

RetiredJake

I've often been asked, 'What do you old folks do now that you're retired'? Well, I'm fortunate to have a chemical engineering background, and one of the things I enjoy most is turning beer, wine, Scotch and margaritas into urine.

And I'm pretty darn good at it, too!!

Now that I'm retired, I cram everything I used to do around the house after work into a full day...... sometimes two days!! And procrastinate, I have taken that to new heights.

Well, right now I am sitting at my computer trying not to make any mistakes in spelling.
After that, my wife and I work in animal rescue, specifically whippets.
I am also taking guitar lessons. My practicing scares away small rodents.
I also ride a lot now, finally having the time and buying the bike last December. I don't ride too far because of health but I ride as often as I can.
However my main activity is hanging around the house and driving my wife nuts. I am getting very good at it.

Now that I'm retired, I cram everything I used to do around the house after work into a full day......

True, sad but true.

I do a little volunteer work. Took a partime job for a couple of days a week just to keep me out and about. Spend too much time at the computer, too little time riding, but no time in wearing a tie. :D

Go ahead you retired guys, rub it in... while all of us "working stiffs" get more
envious by the minute

Go ahead you retired guys, rub it in... while all of us "working stiffs" get more
envious by the minute

Your day will come, just be patient and grow OLD. The benefits do come with some downers though:

reduced income
aches & pains
around the wife all day

However, the good really does outshine the bad :cheers

Retired and loving it. I may make the wife a little crazy, but hey, I haven't got anything else to do.

The best part about retirement......on the first of each month, money magically appears in the checkbook. They pay me to stay away. Whoo Hoo!

Back