free website stats program Resealing "tubeless" Fat Daddys | Harley Davidson Forums

Resealing "tubeless" Fat Daddys

The tire section wouldn't let me post there for some reason. Here's my dilemma....Bought a set of fat Daddy's a few years ago off Ebay but don't recall the brand. Anyway, they were SUPPOSEDLY tubeless! Rear one started leaking not long after I got them.. No biggee, just had a tube put in it. NOW, front SKINNY 21"er had been leaking. Just got back from Harley shop and they can't put a tube in it as the hole is too small. They don't want to drill it and risk ruining the wheel and the mechanic says the tube wouldn't seat properly anyway. $52 spent for nothing BUT tire is off the rim! I couldn't do it with spoons, too stiff. Here's what I'm asking: I really don't need to hear about how wrong they are or take it to another Dealer, yadayada. (Rear tire worked with a tube due to MORE area to work with) I JUST want to know if anyone has an idea of WHAT kind of cement to use so I can carefully reseal the thing??? Preferably something I can brush on that WILL adhere to both the rubber and metal rim. Don't know exactly where the leak is so have to coat the whole thing (other than the bead of course) and let it flooooow. Thanks all.

Back