free website stats program replacing oil hoses on a dresser | Harley Davidson Forums

replacing oil hoses on a dresser

None of those will work because I either have to put the clamp on first and then not have the clearance to turn the fitting into the tranny or can't tighten them down once they are in place.

What are my options to use for clamps so as not to have to pull the motor to replace oil hoses?
Will these work?
https://www.denniskirk.com/270178.sku

The clamps your looking at state they are for fuel or vacuum and while I don't think using them on oil lines will cause them to fail, I would be worried that the heat and pressure might cause them to fail. That's just an opinion, if I wanted to use them I think I would call the manuf.

My bike is a 2006 dresser. The oil lines I am referring to are under the cover where the old oil pumps use to be. Two lines maybe 5" long with a 90* bend in it.

I went to the dealer and they had the stock hoses plus the crimp clamps. When I told him I didn't have the tool for crimping it, he said to use an old pair of side cutters. Took me half an hour and didn't even have to remove the motor. I was trying everything under the sun to reinvent the wheel when all I needed to do was just use the stock items.:lolrolling Sometimes life's lessons are about humility.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back