free website stats program Replacing Fuel Filter | Harley Davidson Forums

Replacing Fuel Filter

wagsrk08

Banned
Currently performing 25,000 service on 08 FLHR. My maintenance schedule says it's time to replace Fuel Filter (part# 61011-04A). Ok, no problem. After following Service Manual instructions it says I need a HD48646 Fuel Tank Cam Ring Remover/Installer to remover the assembly to get to fuel filter. Where can I purchase one? Thanks.

Anything with an HD part number can be ordered at a nice discount through Zanotti's, too.

Thanks Dr. Doolittle. I did try Zanotti's and the part number came up blank? Probably since it's a specialty tool with a HD before the part number. The MotoCo is funny about selling specialty tools I've found out.

Or, you can use a wooden 1"x2" to tap off the ring. It is a lot cheaper than the specialty tool cam ring remover. Just don't use an 8 lb. sledge to do the tapping.

I did try Zanotti's and the part number came up blank? Probably since it's a specialty tool with a HD before the part number. The MotoCo is funny about selling specialty tools I've found out.

Yep. Zanotti's has not all,, but some tools. They did not seem to carry the fuel filter tool you were looking for but they do have the HD-44061 Fuel injector pressure adapter tool which is a RARE find indeed. And at a GREAT price. That is 1 tool I can not live without and was surprised to find someone who sold it..

Yesterday my fuel tank filter arrived, plus the specialty tool was delivered Tuesday (Georges was super getting it cross country in 3 days). Pretty simple task using my HD Service Manual. Word to wise: If you have over 25,000 miles on your current fuel filter I would change it out. Mine was cluttered with (EDIT) and the fuel I use is Shell/Sunoco/Krogers. All 93 octang.

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Back