free website stats program Replacement windshield | Harley Davidson Forums

Replacement windshield

pawpaw01

I have a 2008 FXSTC with a HD quick-release windshield. The windshield I currently have is badly etched from me using Rain-X on it. I have been looking at a replacement from Rifle. Has anyone else used any windshields from Rifle? I am wondering if it will be as good as they claim their products are (like every other online parts dealer does). Any help or info is greatly appreciated. ride safe...

The Rain-X attacked the HD windscreen hard coating, but did you try using windscreen/plexiglass polish like Yamaha Windscreen Cleaner...please do not beat me up guys, but used this stuff since the 80's, comes in a black bottle and does not require tons of elbow grease. You put it on a cotton tee, on your clean dry windscreen in a circular motion, doing the problem areas first. Let it dry to a haze and then use another white tee and rub it down wiping off all the haze and the swirls disappear also. Works equally on face shields too, not abrasive so it will not foul hard coatings and the smell is nice, not strong, finish lasts a long time too.

Last edited:
74 is correct. Yamaha Windscreen Cleaner is good stuff, have used it for years. Honda Chrome polish is great as well.

In case you're wondering.....I'm NOT having rice for supper.:D

Thanks B-1B for not beating me up and yeah, not having sushi tonight either, but I do miss not taking out the Katana...eh...GINSU to periodically strafe a few canyons (it is with my son-in-law) having a blast with it...:D

I have tried an automotive plastic cleaner/polish but it did not remove the swirls I created using the Rain-X. I will try the Yamaha windshield cleaner, perhaps it will do the trick. Thank you guys for the info. Ride safe...

PLedge PLedge PLedge................. Works well for the bugs not sticking as well as cleans and protects

My new Heritage came with a tall windshield that was as such that I had to look over it or under it.The top was right in my line of vision.Silly me.I thought that in the sake of safety,the dealer would replace it.Well,they didn't.My point is that on the Heritage model HD doesn't sell just the glass.I would have had to spring for a complete windshield with all of the chrome brackets attached for the sum of 300.00.I ended up buying a replacement glass from Memphis Shades for 77.00 and that price included shipping from Dennis Kirk.Quality wise I couldn't see much if any difference.

Back