free website stats program Replace passing lamps 2008 FLHTCU | Harley Davidson Forums

Replace passing lamps 2008 FLHTCU

Biffy08

Does anyone know where I can get a DIRECT replacement pair of yellow of passing lamps? I spoke to J+P this morning and their part number 3800505 will fit but I need to cut the OEM wiring off and re-fit to the above part number bulb. Thanks for any help!:s

Does anyone know where I can get a DIRECT replacement pair of yellow of passing lamps? I spoke to J+P this morning and their part number 3800505 will fit but I need to cut the OEM wiring off and re-fit to the above part number bulb. Thanks for any help!:s

Does this Self Help Tip give you any ideas on how you might be able to modify the existing wiring without splicing?Harley Davidson Community

What is the advantage of the yellow passing lamps compared to clear lamps? Will the yellow passing lamps lite the road up after dark? Never really though about it before.

What is the advantage of the yellow passing lamps compared to clear lamps? Will the yellow passing lamps lite the road up after dark? Never really though about it before.

My reason for yellow lamps is just to hopefully catch the attention of a distracted driver. They are just different enough to maybe wake up a brain cell.
I don't ride much at night, but they seem to cast a good light.

My reason for yellow lamps is just to hopefully catch the attention of a distracted driver. They are just different enough to maybe wake up a brain cell.
I don't ride much at night, but they seem to cast a good light.

Thanks Breeze, never though about the yellow lites being different, makes sense. Maybe the brain cell we wake up could save a life, maybe our own!:bigsmiley12:

This was my original thought in changing them because they might add some safety because they do look so different than the white light and maybe they would catch more distracted eyes. But my boss (wife):small3d031: disagrees. She thinks th stock lights are much brighter than the yellow bulb. I had them on another bike and I honestly don't think they cast more light at night. Only added the "different" light color. I wouldn't mnd hearing other opinions if anyone else thinks they add or not to the vision factor of a MC.

Does this Self Help Tip give you any ideas on how you might be able to modify the existing wiring without splicing?Harley Davidson Community

This tip I have used in the past, I have even used garden tractor head lights, I had some old A C Delco Yellow lights I wired in on my 92 FLHS and I think the color made a difference in people noticing the bike and at night I think the lights gave a good hue to the road JMO

This was my original thought in changing them because they might add some safety because they do look so different than the white light and maybe they would catch more distracted eyes. But my boss (wife):small3d031: disagrees. She thinks th stock lights are much brighter than the yellow bulb. I had them on another bike and I honestly don't think they cast more light at night. Only added the "different" light color. I wouldn't mnd hearing other opinions if anyone else thinks they add or not to the vision factor of a MC.

From what I know, the yellow will not look brighter than a white bulb that's one of the reasons behind all these Sylvania Ultra headlight bulbs with the blue tint. On a clear night those white bulbs are great as they seem to shine farther, but in fog or rain the yellow will shine through better as the white light gets 'eaten-up' under those conditions.

Stock headlights are suppose to have a hint of yellow to them for foul weather vision (which is why they don't seem as bright as the more expensive and shorter life blue-tinted white light bulbs). I'm looking into the Phillips MotoVision H4/9003 vibration resistant bulbs which are suppose to appear more orange or yellow to oncoming traffic and be 30% brighter than stock.

The Sylvania Silverstar 9003 I put in last year only lasted 4000 kms (~2400 miles) and their Silverstar H4 is pathetically rated at 50 hrs.

Back