repairing minor scratch marks on windshield

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by hdrocks, Sep 17, 2009.

1. hdrocks

hdrocks Active Member

I've got a couple of small scratch marks on my harley windshield. Does anyone have good results with any products? Are there any products that minimize scratch marks in the future? I use Pledge at the moment to clean. Thanks.

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

No repairing of scratches. There's a hard coating on the shields and any attempt to remove a scratch will rub through the coating and it will kook worse. You can get just a replacement glass for the windshield from HD that uses your existing brackets. There are aftermarket units available too but the quality isn't the same as the HD ones.

3. softailhog

softailhog Active Member

I have used that Novus #2 polish on scratches. It doesn't remove/repair the scratch but it makes is less noticeable. I have used it on helmet shields as well with good results.

4. hdrocks

hdrocks Active Member

thanks. these are minor ones near the edge so i will just leave them alone.

5. Rewind

Rewind Active Member

Another vote for the Novus products, they really work well.

6. hdrocks

hdrocks Active Member

thanks. I also saw it in the harley catalog and was wondering about it.

thanks. btw, do you know if it will also do some protection on your windshield if it's hit by small pebbles or something when you ride?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2009
  7. softailhog

softailhog Active Member

It's just a polish, no protective qualities. I use the Novus #1 after washing the shield, it makes it shine like Pledge (sorry Glider) and the bugs don't stick quite as bad.

8. Rewind

Rewind Active Member

Nope, no protection from things hitting the shield. You can go to the Novus web site and read all about their products.

9. hdrocks

hdrocks Active Member

Thanks. I will give Novus a try and try to give my take on the product for other readers.

10. Elmosac

Elmosac Active Member

I use the cleaner the dealer sells. Novis I think. The #1 is a basic cleaner, #2 is for light scratches and #3 is for deep scratces.