free website stats program Renting a Harley for vacation. | Harley Davidson Forums

Renting a Harley for vacation.

VooDoo

Account Removed
So me and my lady are going to HAWAII :newsmile01: for vacation. We are gonna be staying about 16 days. We are gonna rent a Harley when we get there for a week (maybe longer depends on how her experience is). It will be her first time on one and I want her to feel comfy. My question is I currently ride a 06 BOB. What would you guys recommend for us to rent that would give her the most enjoyable ride and allow for us to make long trips? Well not really long but a few hr trips at a time.

Thanks

So me and my lady are going to HAWAII :newsmile01: for vacation. We are gonna be staying about 16 days. We are gonna rent a Harley when we get there for a week (maybe longer depends on how her experience is). It will be her first time on one and I want her to feel comfy. My question is I currently ride a 06 BOB. What would you guys recommend for us to rent that would give her the most enjoyable ride and allow for us to make long trips? Well not really long but a few hr trips at a time.

Thanks

Road King or the Heritage. Which one of the islands are you staying on?

Oahu. But we will be visiting other Islands as well. Plan on making a run to the north shore to watch the pipe line surfing not a surfin kida guy but if im there why not say I seen it.
I like the road king I also like the Ultra. Just not sure how the Ultra will feel compared to my BOB. I want to make sure I am comfortable with the larger bike. However I really want to make sure she has a back rest. I am sure that there are all makes available with a back rest. Guess It all comes down to when I get there what feels the most comfortable.

If she has never been on a bike before, you may want to let her try it out before you go. Could prevent a headache and heartache.JMHO

Rented a Heritage while in St.Martin.Virtualy no highways on an island and a ton of hilly turain which makes wieght and menuverability a huge factor.Id go with the Heritage again in a heartbeet.

Almost forgot..make sure to discuss the disposable shoe factor.

Last edited:
I`m renting an ultra myself for a trip down to Tennessee from NY. We`ve made trip 3 yrs in a row on my Deuce, but figured we`d try out an Ultra. I just figured if i`m going to rent one, i might as well go big!

Back