free website stats program Rented an 09 Ultra. | Harley Davidson Forums

Rented an 09 Ultra.

Liked it...Nice handling both slow and fast.
Seat is awful. Looking thru a windshield is nasty.
Wife is too small for comfort.
Why is it every bike I ride gets me pain in my back?

Overall I was pleased but some issues need to be resolved before I would buy...Corbin dual tour!!!

That is why they make all those extras! You are able to get the bike the way you like it .I would say the pain in your back is your seat postion and handle bar location.I got a shorter windshield so I could look over it and not through it.I also went with a reach seat that moved me up an inch or so and lower an inch or so.They also make a removeable backrest if that becomes an issue.I love mine because I made it mine.

in reality you should not be looking thru the shield but about 2" above, the rear seat back rest is adjustable as well as the rear floorboards which move up and down, the back reasy moves forwards and back between 3 settings for each.
as for the seat, i found that the Reach seat i have on mine is comfy even over 1000+ in 24hrs.
the pain you are feeling is possibly a combination of the seat not being right, the bars in the wrong place and the possible need for the rider back rest.
The 09 i found to be better than the 05 or 08 i tested but all 3 were incredible bikes

What is this reach seat? Is there a link?
I was told that the back rest has no adjust ability...by the folks in the dealership. Electra Glide Ultra right?

I love my '09 Ultra; however, it took pullback bars, reach seat & backrest to make it perfect. Glad you liked it, now should be a good time to get a great deal on a new '09 and it'll just get better w/ time.

I have the reach seat on my '09, with the fully adjustable and removeable backrest. Just as Hobbit said, I can ride 500 miles in a day and not feel as if I rode at all. Point is you can make it as comfortable as you like. There are enough options available to you.

The rider back rest helped me with my back pain:D, I can't ride without it unless my wife is behind me as she supports my back:s. Also had to go with a shorter windshield as most people do...Like others have said, now is the time to pick up an '09, probably get a good deal, if I wasn't soooooooo upside down on mine:(, I'd get one, they ride awesome:D...

when I first got mine 09, my neck was killing me, now with a modified seat and back rest, I can and have ridden for hours and hours, with just some minor butt pain. Shorter windshield help with seeing in the rain.

I love this bike...

Back