free website stats program Remove saddle bag rails | Harley Davidson Forums

Remove saddle bag rails

I want to remove the rails around my bags. I know ther is a kit from H_D to do it, does anyone know the part number or is there an aftermarket option

Tank, what i found was Drag specialities part # S770137. If you remove the crome rails you need to install this part from the front of the black rail (which the exhaust is bolted to also) to the frame just above the swing arm

I believe what you want is #49206-04 and #49207-04 Street Glide saddlebag support bars. List $100 ea. What you found at Drag Sp. is probably cheaper.

It is your bike and you can do what you want with it but I would at least keep the guard in the front of the saddlebags. This guard will keep the bike off your leg if you go down, nothing worst then going down on a bike that weighs 850lbs and having your leg stuck under the bike and the hot exhaust frying your leg. I got rear ended at a stoplight in 09 and the guard rails that wrap around the bags saved my bags and the rails also kept the rear fender from collapsing on the rear tire. I was stopped and the mini-van that rear ended me was doing between 5 and 10 mph when it hit me and I was able to drive the bike home, so those guard rails provide a lot of protection.

I know this post is alittle old but I got a set of street glide bag holders off of ebay for 50 bucks. It hides the bar and its a sweet look, they are 150 bucks or more in a shop or magazine.

Back