free website stats program Remote Pager Receiver II - regular battery vs. rechargeable | Harley Davidson Forums

Remote Pager Receiver II - regular battery vs. rechargeable

Jim B.

The Remote Pager Receiver II comes in two versions. One uses a regular battery and the other uses a rechargeable battery. Although I use rechargeable batteries all through my house, I'm tending toward the version using the regular battery because it is smaller than the rechargeable version and because it doesn't need a boxy adapter for charging. I'd appreciate any comments on peoples' experience with either. Thanks.

I have the replaceable/Lithium battery version. The battery lasted for over a year; it is a common type/size battery; I bought the replacement at Walmart. I did not have to reset the alarm codes after I replaced the battery.

I have the original version with the Lithium battery also, and I'm very happy with it. I only use it occasionally on trips and for short periods of time such as at a restaurant. The rest of the time my bike stays locked up in the garage, and I leave the pager/receiver off. For this type of usage I would think that the Lithium battery would be better as you don't have to hassle with recharging it, and it doesn't require frequent battery replacement. If you plan on using it daily and/or for long periods of time, and don't mind frequent recharging, the rechargeable one might be a good option.

Back