free website stats program Reinstalling Factory Exhaust | Harley Davidson Forums

Reinstalling Factory Exhaust

airforceacop

So, about 2 years ago, I bought big radius for my RKC love the sound, however I'm almost at the end of my Rotation here in Germany and have to get things ready to ship back home, so I called to my local dealer in Sudbury Ontario the shop. These guys have been awesome, when ever i order parts the customer service is fantastic, questions to the service guys always top notch help and I'm 6500kms away, they informed me that when shipping my bike which is US spec I have to a inspection completed after my import. so I was looking at the RIV Canada website, it's states factory exhaust showing the 80db on the mufflers, and speedo in KPH so I said no problem I keep at the parts from installed the V&H's. So I went to the dealer here and picked up some new gaskets, and started the install, all in all it went well untill, I started to tighten everything up. then I noticed that cross pipe and muffler clamps are actually different. so I had to remove the mufflers again, and the cross piece and fix up the clamps, when putting on the last muffler clamp, I cross threaded it. now i can't tighten up all the way and no matter how hard i try I can't get it threaded straight, I know it's not a big deal, to make a long story short....Can I get just the bolt and nut, for the muffler clamp or is it a complete assy. either way, it's a quick fix....just would like to know before I goto the german dealer and have to mime out what I'm looking for because my german is still awefull! llol

Just to build on what Redfish-Joe said, you might want to stop in at the base motor pool. They could probably run a tap and die down the bolt and nut and you'd be all set. Wish I was closer, have a set in the garage that get not even close to enough use. Good luck with it whatever you do. Thanks for your service as well!:bigsmiley11:

This is a poor mans die, if you can find a castellated nut run it on with the castle facing in it will cut new threads Thank You for your service

It's too late now,but you could have left your bike as is.
The inspection is done at Canadian tire.Usually by an 18yrs. old kid who just verifies the vin.# then faxes the paper to the Gov.
I have imported a few bikes now with various mods. done and have not had to change any of them,including the 07 I ride.
The inspection is a joke,simply another $200 cash grab

thanks Steve, wish I would have posted sooner....what about the speedo, do I need to change that? although the shop did say it was a new set of rules changing this april? but any advice you have would be welcome as I haven't imported a bike before.

to the others, about going to motor pool on base...I already thought about that, but I had a previous need something similar, and the guys at the shop, weren't very helpful, the like sorry, this shop is for aircraft parts only, that is not our procedure ( say that with a german accent) lol, they are very sticklers for the rules....and motor pool doesn't so they're own work, they sent it out. so I'm stuck, but it's ok few more months, then back to base hobby shops! I've had a great time over here...but it's time to go...it's not home!

Last April the rules did change reguarding the speedo.They want it to read in KM not miles.Last bike I brought in I went to the dollar store and bought stick on numbers and put them on the face where the km would read.That was a waste of time,they only asked me to read them the mileage on the bike for the form.I think the new rules are to slow down the volume of new vehicles being imported from the U.S.. with our dollar being high and the prices being cheaper south of the border.When I import from the U.S.I have to fax the title to the U.S. port of exit 72 hours before I export the bike so that they can check for liens and recalls before allowing the bike out of the country.Then I stop at U.S.immigration and hand them the ownership which they stamp with a clearance,from there I stop at Canadian immigration to pay the G.S.T. Sometimes they check the bike to verify the Vin.# sometime they don't.

Steve, thanks for info, i have 2 recalls to get, one for brake switch and one for fuel tank mounts, but the dealers around here are telling they can't work on US Spec bikes for recalls and warranty. I think it's (EDIT) that they don't want to because the have invoice Harley USA and it's different paperwork than what there use to...IMO

Please read this...

HDTimeline Language Policy - Harley Davidson Community

Steve, thanks for info, i have 2 recalls to get, one for brake switch and one for fuel tank mounts, but the dealers around here are telling they can't work on US Spec bikes for recalls and warranty. I think it's (EDIT) that they don't want to because the have invoice Harley USA and it's different paperwork than what there use to...IMO

Please read this...

HDTimeline Language Policy - Harley Davidson Community

Monitors and members I apologize for my slang and short forms, I understand the rules, yet still managed to slip, thanks for keep me honest! I'LL try better to catch myself, I didn't mean any disrespect to the rules of the site

Donny

Last edited by a moderator:
Back