free website stats program Regulator plug | Harley Davidson Forums

Regulator plug

oldmanair

Of course i know GLIDER has the answer! I have a 1992 heritage special the 2 pronge plug where the regulator connects to the stator at the front of the block will just NOT stay connected VERY VERY loose. The result is as I go anywhere I get left with a dead battery. Does anyone have a fix for this? It seems that the male end from the regultaor just refuses to be held snuggly to the female stator end. When they are connected I get the 14.5 volts coming back to the battery, I think this is the problem of not keeping the battery charged? Help

Even with the retainer, another thing you should do is take a thin blade straight screwdriver and gently insert it in the slots on the plug to spread it a bit. On the female side at the front of the engine, use a pair of needle nose pliers and tighten her up a bit. Don't go overboard so that the holes are out of round, but make it a tighter fit. Will be better contact.

TQ

I agree.Plug retainers should come standard. Here's a pic of it installed on my Softail.. ...HDP

plugretaineron.jpg

Glad to help out. They should be on the bike from the factory.

They were, in '86. At least, my '86 FXRS came with one. Looked much like the one you made. It's still there, and I've not had the problem. Burned out stators, yes. Fallen out plug, no.

Back