free website stats program Recall Notice For 08 Models | Harley Davidson Forums

Recall Notice For 08 Models

hogrotten

Got a recall notice today,from what I can tell it pretty much covers all FLH models maufactured from May 6 07 thru Dec. 11 07. You guessed it for the fuel filter shell.

Be sure to check with your dealers to be sure they have the kits in. We haven't recieved them yet, but they are supposed to ship out this week.

As I understand it this fuel canister thing only affects 08 bikes built before Dec 07, right? or should I be looking for my notice? My bike was built in January 08.

As I understand it this fuel canister thing only affects 08 bikes built before Dec 07, right? or should I be looking for my notice? My bike was built in January 08.

Rumor has it the MOCO has been using the upgraded part in assembly since January....the 07 build dates are the ones with the defective part up to 12/07

"Harley-Davidson Motor Company, Inc. has decided that a defect relating to motor vehicle safety may exist on certain 2008 model year FLHP, FLHPE, FLHR, FLHRC, FLHRSE4, FLHT, FLHTC, FLHTCU, FLHTCUSE3, FLHTP, FLHX, FLTR model motorcycles built May 6, 2007 through December 11, 2007."

Not sure when mine was built but I bought it new in June. I got a recall notice in the mail today but already knew through the dealer that my bike was part of the recall. They are expecting the parts this week and I'm 3rd on the list for the repair. So, even if you think your bike was built after 01/07, the recall may still affect you.

I bought my 08 FLHT a month and a half ago. Well today with 598 miles on it, she gave up the ghost. I noticed when I started it before the ride that the whinning you hear (I guess its the fuel pump) didn't sound the same as it normally does. We did about 75 miles and stopped for lunch, when I tried to ride it after that, it just sputtered and coughed and lurched. After calling the stealer, they said it sounded like the fuel filter issue. My question is, why was a year old bike that was sitting in the showroom not fixed before it was sold? They knew there was a problem with this model. Also,I never received a recall notice after my purchase. This is my first harley and this whole deal leaves me a bit pissed off.

Nitzo

If you bought the bike 1 1/2 months ago the parts weren't available to fix it until some time earlier this month around the 4th. Still no excuse for not being notified unless the ownership was never transferred to your name.

Nitzo

Still no excuse for not being notified unless the ownership was never transferred to your name.

Do you mean ownership from the stealer? As the bike was bought new. I have been receiving all kinds of HOG stuff and registration papers, so I assume they tranfered it to me.

Back