free website stats program Rear wheel spacers position please | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear wheel spacers position please

scheek

Just put new bearing in my 1993 ultra rear wheel. Got three spacers. 2 short and one long. Figure the two short go in seal.

Where does the longer one go?
Thanks

If I'm not mistaken the long one goes inside the hub btween the bearings, that said do you have sealed bearings or two piece bearings? The reason I ask is if you have sealed bearings prssed in both sides all ready you'll have to remove one to put the spacer in!

That's what I did. Hoping it was right. I still wonder why they used two spacers there instead of one, unless it was for the ease of removing.

Thanks

I think the reason is for ease of re-installing. You get the long one and one short one safely inside the seals without damaging them, then you can fiddle away getting the second one between swingarm and spacer.

Last edited:
Here is the parts schematic and list from my '91-'92 Dyna Parts Manual. Not sure if it is applicable since you wrote that you have a '93, and you may have up-graded the rear wheel, but this is the OEM stuff from these years.

TQ

Attachments

• Dyna rear wheel parts schematic and list.pdf
    157.9 KB · Views: 30
Back