free website stats program rear turn sigs to running lights | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

rear turn sigs to running lights

Bought the kit at the local dealership for my 2010 Softail Deluxe.

Pulled the seat off.
Plugged in the harness.
Tie strapped it.
Put the seat back on.
Took off the amber rear turn signal caps.
Put on the new red caps.

Piece of cake...5 minutes tops...
Much easier to see my bike from the back now.
3 red lights instead of one.

to all responding -- thank you so much. I have been on jury duty the past week and just opened my computer this morning. Modules and/or kits - I cant just do like on the VSTAR??? All I was wanting to do is make my rear turn signals running lights as well. No red lens caps, no brake lites - just on all the time running lights - and the amber turn signals still would blink "bright" - thus the need for the two element bulbs.

Anyway, I appreciate the information and offer of purchasing kits etc. It seems to me, the rear blinkers are already wired for turn signals,,,, all I should have to do is splice into a running light wire somewhere and change out the bulbs to 1157's.(not positive of that number) but the two element bulbs - then they would be on all the time and still blink.

Oh well, I was just asking - I am sure I will come up with more questions here soon so -- 'stand by'

Bill

Look in the lighting section of the online Harley Genuine Motor Accessories.
You need to get the one htat matched your type of turn signals.
69462-06A - Signal Conversion Kit - Bullet Lens Style.
"Fits '02-'03 XL, '02-later Dyna® (except FXDXT and '09 FXDB), and '02-later Softail® (except FXSTD/I) models with stock bullet-style turn signals. (NOTE: Not intended for use on '04-later FLHX, FLHRS, FLTR, FLHTCSE models, '05-later FLSTN models or models equipped with Bullet Turn Signal Bar Kit P/N 68615-04 or 68617-04. If installed on these models the system will function properly but will not meet the DOT minimum separation requirement for a red tail light to red turn signal.) "

I see them now. Looks like I am #69462-06A. I am going to give that kit a whirl. Thanks!

Back