free website stats program Rear stop tail bulb, LED? | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear stop tail bulb, LED?

SE6A

I have a 1999 Softail Standard and my rear stop and tail bulb is not very bright.
I have seen replacement LED bulbs for motorcycles and complete light fitments, but I thought to try the bulbs first,, has anyone fitted one of these?

If I remember correctly, you can use a LED run/stop bulb in a '99 bike with no problem. You can't use a LED in a turn signal without adding a ballast that corrects current draw for the correct flasher operation.

I used a led bulb in a 98 Sportster.I was not impressed.Go ahead and spring for an LED tailight like HD or Custom Dynamics.

You could try the pigtail available from HD which converts the rear directional signals into running lights and brake lights as well, I believe the pigtail was ~$40, just plugs into the rear wiring harness going to the tail lights. My softail is an '08.

You could try the pigtail available from HD which converts the rear directional signals into running lights and brake lights as well, I believe the pigtail was ~$40, just plugs into the rear wiring harness going to the tail lights. My softail is an '08.
Illegal in the uk

Brian

Turn signals have to go from on to off cant go from bright to dim so Harley Davidson international models do not have running lights on the front as in many countries outside the US do not allow it
Running lights on the front have to be white and on the rear have to be red turn signals have to be amber

Brian

Back