free website stats program Rear speakers | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear speakers

Redfish-Joe

I have been looking at the Hog Tunes rear speaker pods for my bike. They say I must get the amp to go with the speakers. Is this their recommendation or something that I must get for the speakers to work properly? As far as volume, I am pleased with the way the front speakers sound. The wife don't like me to drive much over 75 anyway.:D

I have never looked at Hog Tunes Speakers. My better half gave me a set front and rear J&M for my 06 Ultra. What a big difference they are over stock.HD upgraded their radios I think in 06 to Harmon-Kardon units and did not upgrade their speakers from what I was told. I was impressed with new but when sold the 06 I did strip speakers out for originals and installed in 09 Ultra and they still sound great with no amp. I checked with J&M and amp was pretty spendy. I think I can live without it. It's all good.

On my 01 UC I went with the 8 speaker hog tunes , but first i changed just the 4 originals to hog tunes , it was better but i couldnt just stop there , I bought the amp and lower fairing speakers... the amp drives these and what a difference , money well spent , then I added the tweeters again making a difference , @ 75 mph you can hear the stereo at half volume comfortably

you wont be dissapointed , especially with how easy everythin is set up to install , basically plug and play , and Pez at hogtunes is great to deal with , I believe you get a discount when you mention HD talking

I have never looked at Hog Tunes Speakers. My better half gave me a set front and rear J&M for my 06 Ultra. What a big difference they are over stock.HD upgraded their radios I think in 06 to Harmon-Kardon units and did not upgrade their speakers from what I was told. I was impressed with new but when sold the 06 I did strip speakers out for originals and installed in 09 Ultra and they still sound great with no amp. I checked with J&M and amp was pretty spendy. I think I can live without it. It's all good.
So all you did was replace the 09 speakers with the J&Ms? Can you pull the front speakers out and replace them without taking the fairing apart? Do you recall the wattage on the J&Ms? Thanks!

So all you did was replace the 09 speakers with the J&Ms? Can you pull the front speakers out and replace them without taking the fairing apart? Do you recall the wattage on the J&Ms? Thanks!

No, you have to pull the 7 screws and remove the outer shell to replace the speakers from the inside. J&M says that the speakers (part # HCUR-O6) to be used on 06 and later Harley Ultra and have an impedance of 2 ohms 06 and later HarmonKardon audio system only. Use of these speakers on the 98-05 Harley audio system can and will cause permanent damage to the system. As written in instructions that came with the boxes. Running a beefy motor with Hooker Headers and Tuned Flow Exhaust I was very happy with these speakers. I think they were worth it.

No, you have to pull the 7 screws and remove the outer shell to replace the speakers from the inside. J&M says that the speakers (part # HCUR-O6) to be used on 06 and later Harley Ultra and have an impedance of 2 ohms 06 and later HarmonKardon audio system only. Use of these speakers on the 98-05 Harley audio system can and will cause permanent damage to the system. As written in instructions that came with the boxes. Running a beefy motor with Hooker Headers and Tuned Flow Exhaust I was very happy with these speakers. I think they were worth it.
Thanks for the additional info mouthful.

Back