free website stats program Rear speakers weak | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear speakers weak

FLST

Just lately got my first UltraClassic. The rear speakers aren't loud enough to be heard by myself and my passenger can barely hear them. While sitting in the drive way I played with the balance and even with the setting completely to the rear the speakers they do not increase in volume. Is this a usual condition for an 07 FLHT? Seems the rear speakers should be louder.

Is this the stock system or an aftermarket unit?

Doesn't sound normal...
The rear speakers should be at least as loud as the front when you run fade front to back.
My factory system on my '09 cranks (relative term).

Maybe you have some corrosion in a plug or damaged speaker and/or wire.

Take care,
Dave

A friend had a similar problem with his '07 FLHTCU. His volume wasn't that loud with AVC. Turned out his Intercom was on, turned it off and the volume came back to normal. I tried it on my '12 FLHTCU and didn't notice any difference in volume/AVC with the intercom on or off. Maybe something changed along the way?
tourbox

Thanks to all. You have given me a couple of things to look at. I'll see what I find and get back if I need more help.

Thanks tourbox. I turned the AVC off and the speakers sound like one would think they should. I can just use the AVC in my left thumb if I need more volume on the road.

Thanks tourbox. I turned the AVC off and the speakers sound like one would think they should. I can just use the AVC in my left thumb if I need more volume on the road.
My friends problem was with the Intercom being On. His AVC was also on but had very little volume going down the road. But if it worked that way for you,that's good. It will keep your left thumb flexible(lol)
tourbox

Glad you got it sorted out but FWIW, I run AVC permanently on #3 setting and front and rear speakers are loud. I do have my intercom turned off, though.

Take care,
Dave

Sometimes all it takes is a new battery to get sorted out too. That should be your last move, but if its been a while...

Back