free website stats program RE: I'm sorry I LIED, (got new cycle) | Harley Davidson Forums

RE: I'm sorry I LIED, (got new cycle)

Randall K. Wilson

Last year I babbled around on the site about getting a new Roadking Classic in deep turquoise and antique white. IF I sold me Corvette.
I already had an "03 Roadking FLHRI with an assortment of bags, tourpak for touring etc etc. It was my intention to keep the King and get a second bike.

Well today I sold the Corvette. Within 2 hours I was in the Harley dealer taking deliver of a 2009 Softail Deluxe in Deep turquoise and Antique White, optional wheels and optional security system also.

Hence I am sorry I lied to you folks... I was nearly certain that I was going to get another Roadking (would have been my fourth). But, as a brother mentioned in a response to my post.... "why would you want two baggers?" Upon meditating on this serious circumstance I elected to go with the Deluxe and folks...I'm hear to tell ya.... it is a might fine ride!

I took the long way home from the dealer...stopping for a few "show and tell" sessions, then after I got home it was out to the garage to slap the HD nostalgic engine guard on. As an HD dealer told me in a conversation one time about Engine Guards (crash bars)...He stated...."those engine guards have kept us from selling thousands of dollars of parts and charging labor cost to!" Nutshell the engine guards do help a lot even in a case of a casual toppling over.

Please accept my apoligy for lying to the nice folk on this site. I want to live a life that is "above reproach".

Oh,Two Harleys in the garage is a lovely site to behold. :)

RKW;

Congrats my friend. I am sure you will enjoy your new ride. I always knew from your post that you liked that color scheme very much. Post some picture from the stable when you have time.

OBTW, I still appreciate your insight everytime I look at my Iron Bags on my Road King.:s

Well imagine that 2 HD's in a garage, and only can ride one at a time...:small3d015:Whats' a guy to do...?

RKW, I have to say I wish I had the resources to pull the trigger on a second bike...but I am perfectly good when my gal said it was okay to get new bags for my Sporty just the other day. Now how could I say no to an offer like that...Leatherneck Jims, here I come. :lero

Enjoy your new addition to your stable and don't forget to post some pictures...don't know if you knew, but Glider got rid of his Corvette too... good things happen when you stick around here at HDT :D

Can someone retrained me as to how to post an image to the site. I have an image in the photobucket thingy I want to put on this site. Hobbit told me how to do it once but I forgot...sorry.

Please respond.

Hi Randy,

If you log in with your user ID and pass code at the Photobucket main page, it will get you to your photo list. They have expanded a whole bunch of features.
Photobucket now has an EDIT mode to resize your pictures, brighten and correct picture contrast and brightness AND if you look, there are 4 options for attaching a picture to your posts...use the last one by copying the entire line (using the right click button on your mouse, and copy it into your post. This is the one that allows your post to have the picture with the "Click to Enlarge" bar on top. Way cool...!

Or you can use the
line under the picture on photobucket , copy and paste that into the postcard image in the reply screen , then hit OK.

Back