free website stats program Rain Rain Go Away! | Harley Davidson Forums

Rain Rain Go Away!

Dr.Evil

There’s nothing like a blue sky 75 deg. perfect day to go for a ride. But what do we often hear from friends returning from a long trip. “Well day three it rained all day” Our first thought is to offer condolences for the bad day. I am not so sure this is really what needs to be. I would like to offer a different perspective for that day when the rain is unavoidable.

First off, as riders we watch the weather carefully because we do not like to get caught off guard. We spend lots of money on rain gear to be prepared. We frequently check our tire condition and pressure. So what actually goes through your mind as the clouds begin to darken and the wind starts to pick up? I would rather be in a car right now, No. We actually start to get a little excited, our pulse begins to quicken, because we know that there is an elevated level of danger over the next miles. We start to gear up for what’s coming; it is now man and machine against nature. The feeling of satisfaction when the day is done and we have arrived safely at our destination, the feeling of accomplishment you just don’t get on a nice sunny day ride. Is it really as bad as we make it out to be?

I am not suggesting that we look forward to a wet nasty ride. Only that it is inevitable and that it is a challenge that has to be risen to.

How was your trip? “We had a great time, the rain was unbelievable, there were some nice days as well” Sorry to hear about the nice days.

I would like to apologize if you live in Seattle and ride in the rain often. In this case I am willing to concede that I might just be full of it. :D

I tend to be the one with the maniacle grin on my face when I ride in the rain.:newsmile03:
Unless it's heavy traffic and/or with wicked cross winds, it just adds to the riding experience.
It's not sooooo bad until the next day when you see all the dried up road gunk coating the bike. But then it's too late for any regrets and, what the hey, it washes off.

Keep a positive attitude and your wits about you, and it's all good. Besides how are you ever going to get any miles in if you wait for just perfect days.:D

I tend to be the one with the maniacle grin on my face when I ride in the rain.:newsmile03:
Unless it's heavy traffic and/or with wicked cross winds, it just adds to the riding experience.
It's not sooooo bad until the next day when you see all the dried up road gunk coating the bike. But then it's too late for any regrets and, what the hey, it washes off.

Keep a positive attitude and your wits about you, and it's all good. Besides how are you ever going to get any miles in if you wait for just perfect days.:D

Amen, now lets ride:p

Live in the N.W. Not to far from Portland. Yup, rains a lot! No worries though. Like you said, man and machine against nature. The rides are great no matter the weather. Never leave without the rain gear. A little weather just gives us a little more to talk about. Here, it's just a way of life. You know what they say, love or leave it.

As it seems to rain most days here anyone that wants some rain they can have some of mine
or just move to this part of Scotland
during July while the rest of the UK was suffering drought conditions we were having twice the normal rainfall but we did get a whole 5 days without rain 1st week of September

Brian

Satellite Beach needs rain badly, something needs to break the drought here. There have been some light rains, but no real gully washers. If one of the hurricanes can just travel a little more west, its on; wind, rain and some damage. I'll take 2 out of 3 the wind and rain, please no damage.

We've been blessed with rain and we want more. bring it on.:small3d004::small3d026::Banane21::Banane30:

It is supposed to clear out tonight, But you are right we need more here in North Florida Too:D

Back