free website stats program radio works in headsets.... | Harley Davidson Forums

radio works in headsets....

Hi everyone, I have a 2008 Elctra Glide and for some reason the headsets will work with the radio but when I switch it to the speakers i get nothing. The radio is factory and I have checked all the wires for a short. I do not know what to do, and I have been searching the web for a week now looking for an answer. If anyone could help me solve this problem I would greatly appreciate it .

If its a Ultra check rear switch for passenger. It maybe in the wrong mode.

Hi everyone, I have a 2008 Elctra Glide and for some reason the headsets will work with the radio but when I switch it to the speakers i get nothing. The radio is factory and I have checked all the wires for a short. I do not know what to do, and I have been searching the web for a week now looking for an answer. If anyone could help me solve this problem I would greatly appreciate it .

If the Icon on the faceplate is changing when you use the switch, the switch is working, but the radio is not switching internally.
Iron Cross Audio is probably your best source for information on The HK units as far as what else to check.

I have checked all the switches and looked for all shorts without pulling the actual radio out and cant seem to find anything wrong. I have the fairing off and will keep looking but so far no luck.

It has been a while and it was repaired by HD under warranty. "They" told me it was in a wiring bundle under the radio.

Back