free website stats program Race Tech Lowering Kit Vs Harley on SG | Harley Davidson Forums

Race Tech Lowering Kit Vs Harley on SG

Skeet7373

Hey Ya'll, I've asked this on another forum and hoped to get more advice. I know that the discussion of lowering the front end on an SG has been discussed every way possible. I have a little local shop who the owner/mechanic recommends using Race Tech lowering kit. He tried to explain to me how it helps the oil in the front tubes better than just the springs in the Harley Kit. My other bike a 93 FXLR has a white Bros kit and the front has hit hard for the past 13 years. I should have just left the tubes shoved up thru the triple tree and left it alone. So, since I'm old, fat and a broad who happens to be blonde, what do you guys recommend. I'm trying not to spend too much money on the 07 SG and just enjoy the ridin', but I can't since my feet aren't on the ground. I'll tackle the rear shocks later, not lower but better.

Skeet

Get taller heels on your boots or lower the seat and leave the suspension as is.:D JMHO.

Lowering any suspensions has it's "down" sides as well. (not intended as a pun)

I agree on not changing the suspension, but I gotta do something. The boots don't get me there yet. Of course my thighs could be alot smaller and that would allow my legs to be longer... Will look at trimming the seat first then as a last resort the suspension.

Thanks
Skeet

Back