free website stats program Question to All Iron 883 Owners | Harley Davidson Forums

Question to All Iron 883 Owners

I am looking for a general idea of the kinds of deals the HD dealerships gave you all on this particualr bike. I'm looking at getting one, and i know every dealership is different. I had a guy quote me $6999 on a 2010! Anyone get a better deal than this? Of course, after he says this, he goes on to tell me the paperwork and out the door cost will put roughly another $1200 back ONTO the price. I just dunno what to believe. Any info would be awesome, thanks everyone!

Welcome Littletone to HDTimeline where you will find plenty of fellow riders and enthusiasts to help you with your selection and making your ride better. To answer your question, you may want to read a bit about the Sportster model timeline:

http://www.hdtimeline.com/general_tips/13448-sportster_time_line.html

That said, I chose the 2004 XL1200R for several reasons, 1) Timing, happened my gal was looking to find an HD for a fellow worker, and in the process sparked my interest, and found the bike while cruising the Internet, 2) Opportunity, finances were fine, existing bike satisfied need, but looking for a nicer ride for two people under 5'6" 130 lbs each, 3) Desired Performance & Application found the 2004 XL1200R in my case had rubber engine mounts (smoother ride), 1200 displacement (already tricked out 883), dual disc brakes (for riding two up and still wanted two finger squeeze stopping power), and sporty handling (to keep my spirited riding skills up)...!

Bottom line, take into account these things and also look in the Self Help tab on what to look for if buying a used ride or find threads using Search tab, typing in a few keywords. Either way, used or new you really won't make a bad choice if you temper these tips with your ideas.

Craigslist can be a great resource for used Harley's now...many with very few miles on them still under warranty...just gotta be patient and ready to pounce.

A lot of people are hurting now in the economy and will sacrifice the bike to pay their committments or whatever.

I've seen a few 883's with less than 10k miles on them for around $5K :D

Thanks for the info guys. I found a 2002 883xl custom on craigslist for $2500. I pounced on the deal. It's my first bike. Been riding it for nearly a month now, and having a blast. In a few months, I'm going to trade it in for an Iron. One guy couldn't come down off the price but would throw all sorts of odds and ends into the deal. Another, like I stated before, said, "I can sell it to you for $6999." The bike looks amazing and since I'm a small guy, it just FEELS right. (I AM getting attached to my 2002, tho)

smitty901

I don't mean to hijack this thread but I wanted to ask smitty a question. Are you still looking for an Iron 883? If so we might be able to work something out with my '09 Iron 883. If you're interested let me know.

Thanks,

Alan

Back