free website stats program question on heel toe shifter!! | Harley Davidson Forums

question on heel toe shifter!!

raparicio

i have a 1995 road king flhr with only the toe shifter right now. i want to upgrade to a heel toe shifter, i can get my hands one a heel toe shifter off of a 2005 road king. will this 05 shifter bolt onto my 95 road king? anybody know?

i have a 1995 road king flhr with only the toe shifter right now. i want to upgrade to a heel toe shifter, i can get my hands one a heel toe shifter off of a 2005 road king. will this 05 shifter bolt onto my 95 road king? anybody know?

I thought they ALL came with the heel toe shifter?

On my FLHR 09, I removed the rear shift lever and put a chrome cap over the shaft stub.

comparing and LOOKING at the shift levers while off , they are the same and will fit either front ways or back ways..../ I like the TOE ONLY shifting...

maybe your shaft ISN"T long enough if only ONE shifter is on it now or is there ROOM for two.. OR IS there a cover CAP in place on the outside one?.

It may be the older models had a ONE PIECE UNIT front AND back on ONE shaft connector? and in that case it should be available as a HD part...

signed....BUBBIE

I replaced the heel shifter with the Harley folding heel shifter PN 33876-07. ($69.95)
Gives me plenty of room and still able to heel/toe shift.
Keeps the boots scuff-free.

I just saw a setup in one of my bike rags for a shifter setup with both up/down levers placed in forward position placed more or less side by side but one peg higher than the other and offset to the side. Looked pretty cool and would seem to work well. Simply step on one lever or the other for up/down instead of heel/toe. Couldn't find the add in my mag again but someone else may also have seen it.

Back