Question on Air/Fuel ratio on 2011 street glide 96ci

Discussion in 'Engine, Fuel and Exhaust' started by hdfozz, Jun 15, 2014.

1. hdfozz

hdfozz Member

I have a 2011 Street Glide 96ci,I have read a lot about Harleys being set up lean from the factory,So just how lean are they being set.If 14.7:1 is theoretically the best.What does the Harley stage 1 actually change? Does it Rich-en the ratio any?.....This is the basic mods that I have done to the bike,Installed the mach2 aircleaner with K@N high flow filter,had the cat removed,Harley stage 1 download,old style screaming eagle slip-ons,, the 98B's. The bike had run really well with this set-up no issues.I just recently changed from the screaming eagles( due to baffle breaking completely in half) to the Cobra 4.5 powrflo's being that the Cobra's have a larger baffle than the SE's would a new remap be needed?

2. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

14.7:1 is not the best, it's the best for emissions. The best AF ratio for performance is in the high 13:1 area (engines differ). Harley's download doesn't do much to richen the mix, they are bound by EPA restrictions. There are many piggyback fuel systems that are adjustable.

3. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Harley Davidson Forums Here is the simplest way of answering your question:D There is alot more good reads in the self help section

4. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I would save the money that the download costs and put it toward a tuner YOU can adjust. You'll be miles ahead when you change something else down the road. My .02

5. HOLY DIVER

HOLY DIVER Junior Member

Only thing that concerns me is the warranty if I install a tuner
    [​IMG]

6. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

A product like the TFI could always be pulled off if warranty work was needed.

7. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

The warranty will not affect your bike unless it is proven to be the cause of a problem, in fact most dealers and techs will tell you more fuel is needed be it their EPA compliant download or your choice of a fueler