free website stats program Question about rallies and your attendance | Harley Davidson Forums

Question about rallies and your attendance

The Myrtle Beach rally has now come and gone. The newspaper there says that the numbers are down in the city with rooms going as cheap as $35 per night. Do you attribute that to the economy or the new biker laws and the boycott?

As Rolling Thunder is upon us for Memorial day, will you go or will finances keep you home? I plan on going to say thanks to the vets.

Will you go to Sturgis or fall Daytona or any of the other rallys you have traditionally gone to?

Wherever you go , Ride safe

Bubba

I spent a day at Leesburg last month and I'm planning on returning to Biketoberfest in Daytona this October.

From what I've read, I think that the numbers thing at MB was something that MB did to themselves with some of the new laws that they passed. I also believe that the economy has a lot to do with traveling these days. I also believe that there will always be those that will continue as normal no matter what the economy dictates and there will always be those that will stay close to home because of being tight with the funds.

For all the years I've been riding, I've never once been to Sturgis/Daytona or the like. I've had many people tell me I NEED to go to Sturgis but I'm not much of a big crowd kinda person.

I may go there someday just to experience the spectacle, but probably not anytime soon.

Is MB itself complaining about the low turnout, or is this someone else's comments on the attendance.

It's a shame that there was so much disinformation put out by "the city of Myrtle Beach" and the media doing it's normal lousy job of getting the straight story. The Myrtle Beach Bike Week went on as usual, just not in the "city of Myrtle Beach" proper. The story I heard (from someone living in the area) was that it wasn't the original Bike Week rally, but one of the other rallys held in Myrtle Beach that caused the town to ban all such events (due to PC issues) they felt they couldn't just stop the problem rally.

As far as my rally attendance this year, nothing has changed. I will be headed to lake George for Americade in two weeks then rest for a week and away to Laconia. I want to do the Rolling Thunder at least once but not this year.

MJ and I went to Daytona last year and plan to attend Sturgis this year. We are going to try and do one large rally / event per year.

So if I am reading everyone correctly, you'll still go to the rallies you want to but the City of Myrtle Beach won't be a target destination. The county maybe but the city no. That's is pretty much the way we feel too. We're doing our final packing list and bike service to leave Thursday for DC. I'll be interested to see what happens this week in Myrtle Beach with the other rally, especially if the city has the checkpoints and large police presence.

Ride safe

Bubba

Back