free website stats program QA Throttle | Harley Davidson Forums

QA Throttle

blueglide

HEL Performance

Any one used one of these on their hog? I have used one before on a multi, but on my other big twins (dukes) I geared the bikes down for more grunt, but looking at changing the gearing on belt drive is complicated and expensive.

Could be a bad idea on a hog as :

you could bounce the rev limiter in lower gears (I've never found this a problem for motor damage-its what the limiters there to prevent-but its not fun when it cuts half way past overtaking a semi)

Could be interesting on wet roads!!

Thoughts??

HEL Performance

Any one used one of these on their hog? I have used one before on a multi, but on my other big twins (dukes) I geared the bikes down for more grunt, but looking at changing the gearing on belt drive is complicated and expensive.

Could be a bad idea on a hog as :

you could bounce the rev limiter in lower gears (I've never found this a problem for motor damage-its what the limiters there to prevent-but its not fun when it cuts half way past overtaking a semi)

Could be interesting on wet roads!!

Thoughts??

So this acts like a cruise control?

Is that a cammed progressive ramp type gig for the throttle? If it is, it certainly wouldn't work on my bike. My throttle is too sensitive already, especially since I had to remove my star friction adjuster when I installed a Throttle Mate. Bad idea on my part, there is no quick way of going back.

Those things are great for low speed finesse, like in woods riding on dirt bikes. On second thought, maybe they would work okay. I take back my earlier statement. If the first third to half throttle twist is lengthened, then that would cut down on my problem.

I'd like to hear what others have to say.

Looks more to be a custom cable setup with variable adjustment. I've seen them before. You can set your total cable travel and customize how the throttle acts. Short travel, long travel and so on.

OK , a Quick Action throttle set at 1/4 turn would give you full throttle in a quarter of a turn of the twist grip.
For street use on a high torque big twin a wee bit fierce as our Brian would say, so 1/2 turn would be more like it.
Once you have got your brain and wrist working together they can be good, but I have never used one on a big twin.
As I mentioned in my o.p. could make life a tad interesting exiting a wet bend on a big twin.
Reason for considering it/asking is due to the range of movement in my current FXDBs throttle.

It would also make it interesting in traffic. On/Off throttle application could be problematic.

It would also make it interesting in traffic. On/Off throttle application could be problematic.

Yep-see wot ya thinkin-but it they don't work like that, they reduce twistgrip movement- you soon learn the finesse required, you normally operate the twistgrip with the thumb and forefinger and a deflection of the wrist-difficult to describe if you have not used one I guess-but I take your point-nobody wants to learn the hardway!! Good point though-thanks.

Back