free website stats program punching out baffles on 09 superglide | Harley Davidson Forums

punching out baffles on 09 superglide

david26

Was wanting to punch out my baffles on my 09 superglide till i can afford some good 2 into 1s but have no clue on how to do this or if there would be any ill effects.

Don't modify the existing stockers...you will need them as government regulations are mandating inspections...clamping down on noise and A/F emissions. There are aftermarket slipon's that can be had in the aftermarket, but ones at HD are generally EPA approved and are "louder" and free 'er flowing than stock and usually at a discount since you are a new 2009 owner.

But IMHO I would wait until I "heard and saw 'em" on an HD Dyna like yours before I would slam any money on the table or modify anything on a new 2009 bike under warranty...be patient and go to HD events and ask owners who have your bike and get the skinny on what looks and sounds right!

i'm with everyone else leave them alone...infact if i had it to do over again i would have went with a mellow slip on......i have samson long slashers with baffels still very loud i guess when you get a new harley first thing you think is loud pipes and you run out and spend $600 just to figure out 4 years later you wish you would have just left it alone

that what i needed to know if there would be any bad effects from this so they stay the way they are till i get the one i want.

Thanks
Dave

Check out a swap meet in your area, you can pick up some nice used slip ons for $20 to $50 if you don't like 'em your only out a little $. Good luck:newsmile106:

I've told many customers that one way to hear a lot of different exhaust systems is to hang out at anyplace where bikers get together, poker runs, charity runs, HOG meetings. If you hear one that you like don't be afraid to ask what they are running. EVERY harley owner loves to talk about their bike and they will tell you what kind of pipes they have.

Doc

IMHO I would leave the pipes alone and go with some Vance & Hines Straight Shots HS Slip 0n's . I have them on my 07 Street Bob and love the sound .And the quality and workmanship is through the roof . I bought them from Dennis Kirk for $223 with free shipping .Depending on what time you order them ,they go out the same day . With Vance & Hines you can't go wrong .

Was wanting to punch out my baffles on my 09 superglide till i can afford some good 2 into 1s but have no clue on how to do this or if there would be any ill effects.

If you are really considering this, check the Honda VTX Cafe site. Drilling holes in the stock pipes is big deal over there and various threads cover the 'how-to', tools you would need, and how to plug the holes if you change your mind.

Varying opinions exist on how the pipes sound after drilling. The theme there seems to be on how to take a perfectly good Honda and convert it to sound somewhat like a Harley.

My thoughts: Leave the stockers alone and listen to the advice on this site :small3d007:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back