free website stats program Pulling a pull-behind cargo traile | Harley Davidson Forums

Pulling a pull-behind cargo traile

Heck52

Has anybody ever tried or have a opinion on pulling a trailer with a FXDC its a 2010? I have found some hitches for it and am looking to pull a 125 lbs trailer with a 200lbs carring cap. I have seen alot of softtails towing and of course the touring bikes, but not super glides. I know what the company's position is on towing any trailer with any bike. NOT.

Should be just fine. You will have plenty of power to pull. The brakes should be adequate for stopping. Just remember to try and give yourself a little more time to stop.

On our Ca. trip we logged 6800 miles and no problems other than a set of tires on one trailer(standard cheap HF Kings tires). There was one lady on a VTX 1300 who also pulled a trailer.

There is a on going question about 12" tires and rims verses 8". We had both on the trip and each one ran as cool as the other.

Years ago a buddy and his gal got into an accident. They were towing a trailer and it was raining. Somehow the trailer came around and they lost controll. They both got banged up pretty good. Be carefull.

Back