Pro's and Cons of an American Dyna in Canada

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by Raptor59, May 2, 2011.

1. Raptor59

Raptor59 New Member

Looking for a Fat Bob 2008 or newer and the good deals are all American Bikes. Should I go down this road?

2. martin14

martin14 Active Member

US bikes are fine, just make sure all the paperwork is in order before you take the bike.

3. kemo

kemo R.I.P

Many of us have bought US bikes. I have helped to buy 2 plus my own. If Deely and the dealers want to put the noose around our neck we can go south, doesn't break my heart. There are online traders to help select our bikes, and I bet we could post here and a brother could check on a bike for us in his local
    Ken

4. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

Great idea for a thread, I for one would travel to inspect and take pictures of a bike for any of our members. Maybe one of the Mods will set up a Special Thread so members can contact someone in the area where the bike is located.

5. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

We did have a thread like that a wee while back to assist members who were wanting to buy a bike not in their own area
    ill have to see if it can be found again

Brian

6. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

American Bikes will have MPH on Speedo, I had a Dyna from Canada Daytona H D switched back from Kilometers to MPH before I bought it:s

7. kemo

kemo R.I.P

In Ontario a motorcycle is classed as a recreational vehicle and not required to have the speedo changed to kilometers. A car has to have kilometers, I don't know if the stick-on conversion numbers are still legal.
    Ken

8. geezer

geezer Senior Member Contributor

A friend just got a US Fatboy licensed and they put on the stick-on numbers to pass the safety. They'll probably come off the first time it's washed.