free website stats program Progressive 444 | Harley Davidson Forums

Progressive 444

RK73

Saw other suspension posts here hope I got the right spot. How do you adjust them? No stop markers like on 412, is it a fill turn a quater turn, half turn? Thanks.

The grooves in the shock body are reference points for preload. No grooves visible = minimum preload, 4 grooves visible = maximum preload. Go to Progressive website for complete instructions.

OK so I haven't lost my mind. There are no markers. Read the PDF and the inbox doing a comparison. Wonder if these were a slip up on the production run. Explains the price I got them at?

I just looked at the instructions again. The illustrations in Fig.1 & 3 make me expect the first groove would be very close to the top of the shock. Looking at 444 shocks on Ebay, show the first groove to be at least 1" lower than I would expect. Is it possible that you have not cranked them down far enough to expose the groove?? I have no hands on experience with 444's, just what I'm seeing in the above examples. Let us know what you find out, I'm curious.
Progressive 444 Shock 12 5 Chrome Harley FXD Dyna Super Glide 1991 1992 | eBay

Unless I'm blind I see no reference marks. Possible anyone with these can snap a picture? I cranked the in both directions and nothing as illustrated in the manual.

Happy New Year!

Back