free website stats program Price of 1997 Softail Heritage Classic | Harley Davidson Forums

Price of 1997 Softail Heritage Classic

Randall K. Wilson

A good friend of mine is a retired pensioner. He thinking about buying a 1997 Heritage Softail Classic with 20K miles. He knows the owner and these folk claim to have taken good care of the cycle. I'm assuming it is pretty stock, but don't know for sure.

These folk are asking 10.5K, but say they will make him a "deal" on it.

For the sake of this discussion, Speaking in terms of the USA "Midwest", what is the going price for a cycle of this description sold by a private individual?

I have not kept up with the used market as such, but I know things in "HARLEYLAND" have changed extremely in the last few years.

Please respond.

The KBB Suggested Retail Value for that bike is $10,815 which is used as a guide only.

A good deal on it IMO would be about $8K if they mean it. This is with the bags too.

Private sales are usually without a warranty of any kind so that weighs into the picture as well.

NADA dealer guide lists max trade in value on this bike at $7,600 with avg miles of 15k and avg dealer selling price of $9,500 +TTL. Glider is spot on for a "deal".

I agree......10500 is on the high side. I think if somone were to offer me that for my '97 Heritage, I'd have to let it go!!!!

Back