free website stats program Power4Home | Harley Davidson Forums

Power4Home

Mavagrand

Anyone have any experience with this product? Their link is at the top of the page. I live in Central Florida on a lake with high winds most of the year and bright sun. I have actually been looking into windmill/solar power options when I saw this link. Sounds too good to be true but don't wanna rule these people out just yet. Anyone have comments?

I am by no means an expert on wind or solar power. Did a cursory look into it a few years ago and found that while a great idea, the start up costs were pretty high end. Yeah, you get to sell power that you don't use back to the utility, but the initial outlay in equipment was some major bucks.

In my back yard, the Atlantic City Sewrage Authority has several huge wind turbines visible as you enter the town. I know they constantly tout the savings, but what the initial outlay was, I don't know.

Locally, a guy went to some major expense to put a wind turbine in his back yard. Don't know what zoning laws he broke, but the town went nuts. Eventually got him to take the thing down.

To my way of thinking, if wind/solar was all that cost effective, that is, the initial outlay could be recouped in a few years, the landscape would look like the Netherlands....IMO

thanx, guys. just what I thought..too good to be true. In the last year our electric bill has went from average 250.00 in the summer an average of 410.00/summer. It is killing us..looking for options.

Here in the mid atlantic region of the country, we are right up there with energy costs. Don't know if your power company provides energy audits, but the one we got years ago provided us with some really valid saving options. A neighbor just had his home audited, and hired a firm to do the suggested improvements. He's already seeing savings. We don't run our a/c unit as much as you do, but the firm that installed ours years ago did a super job. The unit is very, very efficient.

Check out big energy wasters like a/c, refrigerators, freezers, hot tubs, etc. Sometimes, they need a little "tweeking" to regain top efficiency. Sometimes they are so out dated, it's more cost effective to replace with newer more energy efficient units.

Barring all of the above, you can also see if you can pay your bills on a "budget"; that is, you pay the same, predetermined amount each month regardless of useage. At the end of your billing cycle you either anti up the shortfall, or, get a credit for too much paid.

Good luck

Looked at the website, smell a rat. The size of the generator on the windmill wouldn't power a TV set. Enough solar panels to power a house would cover a lot more than the roof. This guy is selling knowledge, which may be legitimate, but he is not up front about the amount of power you will actually be able to generate with his plan.

thanx, guys. just what I thought..too good to be true. In the last year our electric bill has went from average 250.00 in the summer an average of 410.00/summer. It is killing us..looking for options.

Let me guess. Your with Progress Energy Inc. And I heard Another rate hike is in the works.
A close friend of mine would always put up a HUGE Christmas light set-up. I don't think this year it will be as big. They have Progress Energy.

Back