free website stats program power commander | Harley Davidson Forums

power commander

yogi

Was wondering if they make a power commander for a 1996 roadking classic with efi. And if so is this something that i can program at home or do i need a tech to do it. Thxs

Found out from HD and power commander that the 1996 has a week computer on it and will not support a power commander. So the next question would be is there a way to adjust the efi so its not running so rich.

You could upgrade to the 97 ECM which is a retrofit and that ECM can have downloads as well as other controllers applied unlike the 96.

So the 97 will work on the 96 i was told otherwise by HD? Do you know if the wire harness would need to be changed or are they the same from 96 to 97?

After checking found out to use the pc i would need to change my ecm from my 1996 to a 1997. The original ecm is not programmable once its loaded from the factory thats all you get.

After checking found out to use the pc i would need to change my ecm from my 1996 to a 1997. The original ecm is not programmable once its loaded from the factory thats all you get.

hey widget, BUBBIE here... in ENUMCLAW

what did you end up doing with your bike??????

HOPE you liked this site and stick around

signed....BUBBIE

Im going to put a 97 ecm on it then a power commander. After talking to alot of people and my buddy has a 97 i looked at his and the 97 will hook right up glider was right. Ill be around for awhile this is a awesome site. We should get hooked up one of these weekdays and go for a ride. Need to be alittle better weather though.

Im going to put a 97 ecm on it then a power commander. After talking to alot of people and my buddy has a 97 i looked at his and the 97 will hook right up glider was right. Ill be around for awhile this is a awesome site. We should get hooked up one of these weekdays and go for a ride. Need to be alittle better weather though.

GLAD to see YOU posted back what you DID and WHY... a lot of people here DON'T FOLLOW on the FOLLOW-UPs.... Makes it very educational for ALL...

YOU are RIGHT-ON about this site...... YOU won't see SMUT on here, MOSTLY questions with useful answers...

I think you have my cel.. give me a call so i can have your # .. YES, i agree for a ride...

I was out for 25 mi. before RAIN... LUCKY to
beat it home...

80 degs in az.@ my place...... BUMMER to be up here..Wa.

signed....BUBBIE

Back