free website stats program Post A Pic Of Your Sporty Here | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

Post A Pic Of Your Sporty Here

It's Alive ! 77 XLCR

It's ALIVE after sitting for just short of 20 Years !

Attachments

• xlcr sm 03.jpg
    xlcr sm 03.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 151
Hi,

I finally took the effort to take a good picture of my '92 Sportster.
Just polished and waiting for me to take it for a spin.

I live in the Netherlands and the Sporty is USA imported.
I love everything about it.
It is my first bike and I can't imagine ever owning anything else then a Harley.

Cheers...

DSC07737%20resized.jpg

1989 sporty 883 xhl hugger

1250 kit , jetted carb , drag pipes, screamin eagle plugs, the bike is gettin stripped down to the frame and rebuilt ground up

Attachments

• IMG_1815.jpg
    IMG_1815.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_1816.jpg
    IMG_1816.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 127
Finally! Three months after I ordered my new tank, The project is done. This is my 05 XL883L with a new 4.5 gal tank, Lepera Silhouette LT seat, forward controls, and new pegs. The windshield was my 1st major investment in the bike last year ,the first was the E-Z clutch.Now I need a nice day to bring it home. Today it's raining and cold. Maybe over the weekend will clear up.

Attachments

• IM000020.JPG
    IM000020.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 118
  • IM000019.JPG
    IM000019.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 137
I ordered the tank already painted. The rest of the bike is still stock silver. When I found out what it was going to take to get itpainted after I bought the tank,it just made sense and they were having a 20% off sale at my dealer so I figured it was the easiest route.

2006 XL883 - purchased in April 2008.

Whelp, thank goodness for this forum, here is a couple pics of my first Harley, i bought it immediately after the test drive. wanted one for like 30 years. i will get another one day, however, this one is serving as my guinea pig and i LUV it.

Bike had 43 miles on it, some lady won it, dropped it and decided she wanted a different one. has 3400 miles atm. as many of you have seen, the forum has guided me through a lot of roadblocks.

since April, i put on passenger pegs, new seat, windshield, slip-ons, rejet, air-cleaner, flames - gas cover, derby, exhaust, heat shields, oil temp gauge. eyeing some more flame motiff items, so my goal would be not to trade it in, but to keep it forever and ever, till death do us part......

....oh btw, had to refill some gear fluid, when i opened my first derby cover with the bike on its sidestand....but most of all, I got it so I can come into work at any hour and park right up in front, not having to go to the back 40 lot. LOL.

Attachments

• IMG00128.jpg
    IMG00128.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG00129.jpg
    IMG00129.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG00130.jpg
    IMG00130.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 68
Back