Pose Rider ?

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by Randall K. Wilson, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Randall K. Wilson

Randall K. Wilson Junior Member

_
    What is a pose, (Poz), rider?

2. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

You're probably referring to the term "poser." Generally accepted to be someone who spends tons of money on his/her bike, accessories, and gear to give the appearance of being a genuine "biker" and then only puts a couple hundred miles a year on their motorcycle.

3. Jammr

Jammr Active Member

A Posse Rider? That's when the sheriff says, "Yer all deputized" and we ride-a hootin and a hollerin-and head em off at the pass!

What? Oh, a Poser. Sorry, my bad. :s

4. Irish Hog

Irish Hog Junior Member

I don't think anyone should be called a poser for wanting to ride or own a Harley. I know myself, I am not a biker, I really don't wear all the get up and drive in a club. I just like getting on the bike and hitting the throttle and driving down the back roads. I know in my neighborhood, just about every guy has a bike in the garage, none of them are bikers and they ride when they want to ride, that is the beauty of owning a bike. I know a few guys that are suits by day and leather at night, you could say they are posers, but it is what they are into...

I myself would ride more, but I live in a shore resort area and it is just crazy through the whole summer. Backed up traffic, girls on cell phones driving and texting, drunks and everyone in a hurry to get to the beach, I have had way too many close calls and sadly to say, two young guys were just killed in the middle of the August, just 2 miles from my home, they were killed from a combination of what mentioned above. So for me I just ride in the fall and spring and a little in the summer when some of the guys get together for a ride, I defiantly feel safer with a few other bikes in the summer..

5. XcellsHD

XcellsHD Member

I'd say if your tires still have the the little rubber hairs somewhere along the contact patch your a poser:newsmile036:

6. wildspirit97

wildspirit97 Senior Member

Have you ever stood next to your bike and had your picture taken? wouldn't that be considered posing? We've all done it (even the biggest baddest bikers I know have done so don't get uptight.) It's not a bad thing.:taunt

7. Jammr

Jammr Active Member

We call that the "Chicken Strip". If you've still got one, you ain't riding it.