poor fuel mileage

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by jeff332008, Apr 19, 2010.

1. jeff332008

jeff332008 New Member

hi all, i have an 09 flstf, put on samson pipes, K&N stage 1, and a new powercommander v, yesterday the bike stalled out and code p0107 came up, as well i am only getting about 20mpg in town. Any suggestions would be awesome, thanks

2. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

When installing PowerCommander maybe knocked a wire off map sensor. Error code is indicating no current flow in map wiring. That would explain poor gas mileage.

3. jeff332008

jeff332008 New Member

do you mean the wires coming out of the powercommander itself?

4. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

No. The error code you have says "Map sensor Open or Low". There are 3 wires that go to the map sensor. (+5 reference, ground, Map output to ecm) The ECM is not seeing a voltage from the map sensor. It most likely is seeing zero and it wants to see something from .25 volts to 4.75 volts.

I am thinking you may have a loose Map sensor (on throttle body) cable. It is an HD part & not part of PC. Of course it could be a bad Map sensor but since the bike is new and you added a PC I am thinking maybe a loose connection.

I better back up and ask because I am not familiar with PowerCommanders. The PC is just a piggy back fueler that goes to the fuel injectors only, correct. You don't in any way remove the Map sensor or drive the map signal into the PC correct?

I am thinking the map sensor is still intact & the way it came from factory.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2010
  5. jeff332008

jeff332008 New Member

the pc plugs right into the ecm and controls fuel and ignition

6. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

7. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

I went to PC's web site to take a look. I see what you mean. I have no clue what the PowerCommander does with the map signal. I am sure someone that does will chime in.