free website stats program Poll on night glasses | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Poll on night glasses

At night I wear clear, but I have worn yellow also. I talked to a eyewear salesman at a ralley once, and asked him why yellow made things brighter. He said it doesn't, but the added contrasts may make it seem brighter. The other thing he said that made sense, anytime you color a lens or a light, you just made the light dimmer.

Clear. I like amber when mountain biking in low light because it helps with shadows and seeing obstacles but I don't see how that could be helpful for me on pavement.

I think the yellow lens would be more helpful with glare from headlights at night. As stated in my previous post I use clear at night but may try the yellow lens to see how I like them.

Love the blue it cuts the glare and light is more natural than with yellow. Work great in the rain cutting glare on bike or in a cage.

I've never tried blue tinted glasses. I like the yellow tinted glasses because they cut the glare and seem to increase contrast in things to make it easier to see more detail. I think that's why a lot of shooting glasses are yellow tint.

I wear my yellow pair on cloudy days to make the day look brighter, but at night the yellow lenses tend to distort the color of things too much, so I prefer the clear lenses at night.

Yellow on Night drives OR Clear... Both have their Place with me. Like to NOT ride at night when Possible...:D

Older vision now :cry
and BIG bugs make daylight hours More Pleasurable for me...

signed....BUBBIE

Back