Pipes for a Nightster

Discussion in 'Sportster Models' started by bcs1013, Jul 16, 2010.

1. bcs1013

bcs1013 New Member

I just bought a 2010 Nightster. I love it but it seems kind of quiet. I know a lot of riders put the V&H Shortshots or Sideshots on, but I am not sure which pipes sound best. I want it to have that deep, LOUD, throaty sound (that makes the ground shake), but still sound like a Harley. Any suggestions? Thanks.

2. shovelrider

shovelrider Member

Supertrapp Mean Mothers could be what you are looking for.:D

3. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

SE's are good too...and cheap.

4. masher

masher Active Member

I just bought some Mean Mothers (long black) for my '09 Crossbones and they are awesome. Very loud with a great resonance and that deep, low Harley rumble. I am very pleased with them.

5. Vilemind

Vilemind Member

Hi everyone,,, well i have a 2007 883 bumped to a 1200 ,, i just put a rinehart exhaust on mine and it is loud and very deep ordered them off dennis kirk website..great sound wouldn't change back to my old drag pipes they would pop and crack ,,,the rinehart is in my opinion great . cost me about 549.00 but well worth it

6. JohnnyBiker2

JohnnyBiker2 Member

Radii Vipers 2" That is the ticket!:14:

7. bcs1013

bcs1013 New Member

Thanks, everyone, for your help. I still haven't decided but you all gave me some great ideas. Also, has anyone ever removed the baffles from their stock Nightster pipes? If so, what was the result?